Carteret, NJ – Mayor Reiman, the Carteret Borough Council and the Veterans Alliance will host a series of Memorial Day observations on Sunday, May 28th:
• 8:00 AM – Casting the memorial wreaths & veterans’ flag raising ceremony at Waterfront Park.
• Carteret’s Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) will host its own ceremony following the laying of the wreaths, in front of the Carteret Library at 100 Cooke Ave.
• 12:00 Noon – Veterans Alliance ceremonies at Carteret Park, at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial.
• 1:00 PM – Carteret’s Annual Memorial Day Parade, beginning at Carteret Park (corner of Cypress Street and Carteret Avenue) and ending at the Memorial Municipal Building, 61 Cooke Avenue.
• Town barbecue following the parade at the Memorial Municipal Building.
Carteret’s traditional Memorial Day Services attract thousands each year, including a host of veterans organizations, civic and community groups, and from throughout the area, the many supporters and friends of the U.S. Military.
“Our memorial day services are among our many ways of acknowledging those who have been willing to make the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our shared values,” Mayor Reiman said. “In no small part due to the enormous amount of support and recognition our community has always given to our military servicemen and servicewomen, I’m sure this year will bring a record number of participants.”
The Veterans Alliance encourages military veterans and all US Military service personnel to participate in the parade. A Veteran’s dinner will also be hosted at the library following the day’s events. For more information, call (732) 541-3801.